Thursday 11 December 2014

Eggless Chocolate Cake








This is a recipe for eggless cake lovers-a chocolate cake that has no eggs,yet the texture is perfect and taste..simply awesome!!!.Baking still remains a challenge to me as I keep trying different recipes surfed from the net.This is one such I came up recently and was worth trying and will remain as one of my favourties.
I have followed this one from kiniskitchen.blogspot with a slight decrease in the quantity of liquid in the recipe with my past baking experiences.

Ingredients:
All purpose flour(maida) 1 1/3 cups
Cocoa powder 1/3 cup
Powdered sugar 1cup
Baking powder 1tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Oil 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Curd/yogurt 1 1/2 cups
Salt a pinch

Method:
  • Grease a 8"baking tin
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
  • sieve flour,baking powder,baking soda,cocoa twice,set aside.
  • Cream together oil and sugar,then add yogurt and beat some more
  • add vanilla ,salt and beat once more.
  • Add sifted flour mixture in batches.
  • Gently cut and fold the batter.
  • Pour into the prepared tin.
  • Set in a preheated oven on the low rack and bake for 30-35 minutes or till the tester comes out clean.
My cake was done by 32 minutes.
 NOTE:
The original recipe calls for 1 3/4 cups of yogurt,i felt it is a bit more so reduced the quantity.



No comments: