This is a fantastic recipe for all eggless cake lovers.I have used fresh orange juice and doesn't require any fancy ingredient .The result is a soft textured cake with delicate flavour of oranges itself as no artificial flavour is used in this recipe.
All purpose flour 1.5cups
Powdered sugar 3/4cup
Baking soda 1/2tsp
Baking powder 1tsp
Orange juice 3/4 cup
Curd/yogurt 1/4 cup
Oil 1/2 cup
Orange zest 1tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan
- Sieve flour,baking soda and baking powder atleat three times and set aside
- In a wide mixing bowl cream together oil,sugar and yogurt until light.
- Add orange juice,zest and mix gently.
- Add flour in batches and gently fold the batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the tester comes out clean.
To get the said amount of juice in the recipe it required 4 kinnow oranges.